Ever captured the essence, hospitality and beauty of a Homestay in Uttarakhand in your camera? If yes, participate in the photography competition between 11th July till 10th August 2018 and share the moments with us alongwith the caption and the name of the village What's more? You could be the lucky winner of a 2N/3D stay in Uttarakhand. Click. Upload. Win!.
- Hills give up many magical moments to capture. Entries that best do justice to the theme will be featured on Uttarakhand Tourism Home Page and across all our social media.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to keep track of the weekly winners, but don't worry if you miss the announcement; you will also be notified by email if you are selected.
- Feel free to experiment with moods and subjects; we like unusual and striking points of view. So, send us your favourite photos of monuments, hills, temples, people of the hills, beautiful homes etc. with detailed information about where the picture was taken and what is happening in the photo. Do tell us the story behind the photograph, so we can share it with our readers when you win.
- The contest begins at 9:00:00 am on 10th July 2018 and ends at 5:00:00 pm 10th August 2018 (the “entry period”).
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- 2 nights/3days stay in one of the destinations in Uttarakhand for the winner.
The competition is open to residents of India aged 18 years and above. The employees of UTDB or their close relatives and anyone otherwise related with the organisation or the judging committee is not permitted to enter the contest..
How to Participate:
The intending participants to first register himself / herself on the website of UTDB – http://uttarakhandtourism.gov.in/photography_contest/
- Use the form below to submit your image (max 1MB) along with your full name, email, postal address, and a brief description of the photograph and why you like it. If you have a Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest handles, include that too so we can shout out to you when your image is selected.
- Share your image with us on our official Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest handles with #HillsofUttarakhand.
Judging and Prize Distribution:
- UTDB will appoint a judge / judges for each contest. This will comprise of members of the editorial team and / or external judges.
- The judging panel shall assess and determine the winning details. The results and the winners will be announced on the websitealong with Social Media Channels.
- The decision of UTDB’s judging panel will be final and binding on all Participants in respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
- UTDB reserves the right to call for original JPEG or RAW files with unchanged EXIF for the purpose of authentication. The details maybe disregarded if this information cannot be provided
- The names of the winning participants shall be available of the UTDB website and shall be informed over the email as well.
- UTDB will call upon the winning participant in a ceremony to be organized and the winning participants shall be felicitated.
Intellectual Property Rights:
- The Submitted details must be original, created and/or taken by the contestant. It must not contain any material owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license for and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property and rights of any person or entity.
- UTDB respects the participant’s copyrights and copyrights shall remain vested with the creator of the image. Upon making the submission, you grant UTDB, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right which gives the authority to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works distribute, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote the contest, image, the photographer or for editorial or educative use.
- The participant(s) could be credited when the image is used anywhere on the web (Though the rights would still rest with UTDB, so it may not be necessary everywhere).
- You hereby hold harmless, release, indemnify and discharge UTDB and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers and representatives from all liability, claims, judgments, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related in any way to the contest or the conduct of the contest and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded, whether in law or in equity, no matter what the cause or nature, and You further waive any claims that You may state or assert against UTDB in association with the contest or any of its associated activities, or in any way related to or resulting from the contest even if such injury or claims results from or is caused by the negligence or gross negligence of UTDB, in whole or in part, due to human error or otherwise. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless UTDB from any claim arising out of your participation in the contest including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that you or they may sustain in any way associated with your participation in the contest.
- Under no circumstance will UTDB be liable for any:
- lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete Submissions
- Error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delays in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submitted detail(s);
- Problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing;
- incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Photos / videos and/or the Submissions; and/or
- Injury or damage to any Participant or to any computer related to, resulting from or in connection with the Contest.
- If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of being conducted as anticipated, due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of UTDB, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, UTDB reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest as deemed appropriate, disqualify any Participant, and/or select winners from all eligible Photos / videos / information submitted prior to the termination, cancellation, modification or suspension. UTDB reserves the right to correct any typo-graphical, printing, computer programming or operating errors at any time.
Terms and Conditions:
- The winner of the contest will be announced post 15 days, from the closing date of the contest.
- Upon a satisfactory receipt of the entries by the participants, the winner will be announced online and an E-mail/appropriate communication from our page will be sent to that respective winner. The prize will not be applicable to undergo any change thereafter and thus, the respected winner will have to abide by the same
- The decision on the awarding of the winner, by UTDB, will be final and bounding and any appeal in lieu of the same will not be taken into consideration.
- The winner has to avail the prize within the given timelines. In case of the winner being absent during the given timeline till when the offer is valid, the offer will be withdrawn.
- The reward due, would not be transferable and cannot be redeemed against cash.
- All disputes will be addressed under Dehradun Jurisdiction.
- UTDB hereby declares that it has the full authority over the contest and can withdraw it without any prior notice.
- Photos must meet the following requirements: JPG or JPEG file format. Ideally, the photo dimensions should be 1440x560 pixels but not necessarily.
- Photographs should not have been previously published in any print and digital media.
- Minimal photo editing is permissible, but altering the photograph is not allowed. We assume that every photo submission is legitimate. However, if a photo is suspected of alteration, it will be rejected. The final decision rests with the editorial staff.
- The Winner of the Contest will only be rewarded with 2 Nights and 3 Days of stay in Uttarakhand at the sole discretion of Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board. In case of any other/additional expense(s), related to travel, food etc., the same will be borne by the respected winner himself/herself in lieu with the aforesaid.
- By submitting your photographs, you accept that you are the copyright owner of the photograph and that you agree to our terms and conditions.
- Under our terms and conditions, the photographer owns the copyright and simultaneously grants the Uttarakhand Tourism DevelopmentBoard, its affiliates and licensees worldwide royalty-free rights, and perpetual licence to display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivatives of such photographs, in whole or in part and in any medium, for editorial, commercial, promotional, and/or trade purposes. In the event it is claimed that the photographs submitted by you infringes any person’s copyright, you agree to indemnify against all costs, expenses, losses, fines etc. incurred, borne or suffered by Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board
- All participants must be above 18 years of age. Submissions can be made on behalf of minors by parents or guardians.
- Employees, officers and directors of UTDB and the managing agency, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising partners, or any alcohol beverage wholesalers and retailers and immediate family members (spouses and siblings, children and parents and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible.
The Contest, Your Submission(s) and the Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Indian laws. Any aspects or disputes arising out of or in connection with the contest and/or your submission(s) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the India courts.