Devaria Tal (also known as Deorai Tal) is a stunningly picturesque lake located near Ukhimath in Uttarakhand. Perched at a height of 2,438 meters in the depths of the Kedarnath area of the Garhwal Himalayas, the beautifully positioned lake is surrounded by a rare rhododendron forest, overlooked on the other side by the magnificent Chaukhambha range of the Himalayas.
Spread over 700 meters it is an ideal spot for birdwatchers and anglers. On a sun-drenched day, one could one is able to see a grand reflection of the Chaukhambha upon the serene waters of the lake. One could not wish for a place more idyllic and comforting.
HOW TO REACH
- Air : Nearest airport is Jolly Grant, 215 km by motor and 2 Km trek .
- Rail : Nearest railhead is Rishikesh, 201 km by motor and 2 Km trek .</li
- Road : Rudraprayag to Ukhimath 40 Km, Ukhimath to Sari Village 14 Km and 2 Km trek. Rudraprayag is well connected by National and State highways
- Altitude : 2,438 mts.
- Clothing : Summer – Light Woollen, Winter – Heavy Woollen
- Season : Round the Year.
- Accommodation : Tourist Rest House at Ukhimath.