Chardham Hike Narrative – Open contest to rediscover the world's oldest 'Dwapar Era' pilgrimage trail
To give a new dimension to the world's ancient hiking trail, comprising Shri Yamunotri, Shri Gangotri, Shri Kedarnath and Shri Badrinath shrine, located in the state, Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board (UTDB) is organizing 'Chardham Hike Narrative' competition.
Participate in this holy and adventurous competition by submitting your narrative of this ancient pilgrimage, including the description of the routes and the mythological/religious/spiritual significance of the stopovers (Padhaavs and Chattis) along with proper documentation.
- The contest begins at 10:00 am on 8th May 2018 and ends when the divine doors are closed in 2018 (the "entry period").
- The contest is open for online submissions only, through the contest page available on www.uttarakhandtourism.gov.in/contests. Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- 1st Prize: Rs 1,00,000.00
- 2nd Prize: Rs. 51,000.00
- 3rd Prize: Rs 21,000.00
- 4th Prize: Rs 10,000 for blind participants
- 5th Prize: Rs 10,000 for physically challenged participants
The competition is open to residents of India aged 18 years and above. The employees of UTDB or their close relatives and anyone otherwise related with the organisation or the judging committee is not permitted to enter the contest..
How to Participate:
- The entire registration process would be online and the intending participants are required to submit their full details by filling the form which is available on the website of UTDB – www.uttarakhandtourism.gov.in/contests
- The Contestants would have to submit all the details about their on-foot ways of Char Dham along with the evidence depicting the significance, religious or spiritual (or any other), of the places they encounter enroute.
- Preference would be given to the contestants who will provide photographs and videos of the region along with the mapping.
- The contest begins at 10:00 am on 8th May 2018 and ends when the divine doors are closed in 2018 (the "entry period").
- A detailed presentation to be submitted along with attachments which can be in .jpg, jpeg, .png, .ppt, .pptx, .docx, .pdf format and must not exceed One gigabyte (1 GB) of file size with the links of the videos.
- Blind applicants can submit their details in Braille (if possible).
- The applicants are required to provide a unique title & description for each image submitted.
- Basic editing, including colour enhancement, use of filters and cropping of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s).
- Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited.
- image uploaded is subject to a moderation process before it becomes visible on the contest page. UTDB reserves the right to assess and disregard any submitted photo at its discretion.
- Photos / videos / any other information that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, violation of human rights and/or environment and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural and moral traditions and practices of India, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded. A participant who submits any such photos / videos / information may be permanently banned, subject to UTDB’s discretion, from participating in any other contest.
Judging and Prize Distribution:
- UTDB will appoint a judge / judges for each contest. This will comprise of members of the editorial team and / or external judges.
- More preference will be given to the entries which:
- Cover all the Char Dhams or the maximum length of the yatra.
- Include Relevant and authentic information.
- Quality of the images and Maps.
- Have a Marketability/a Commercial Appeal.
- Level of Detail
- Shows appropriate Technical Execution
- Holds comparatively unique information
- Depicts unpredictability of Images: Images taken from different angles, other than the regular ones.
- The judging panel shall assess and determine the winning details. The results and the winners will be announced on the website along with Social Media Channels.
- The decision of UTDB’s judging panel will be final and binding on all Participants in respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
- UTDB reserves the right to call for original JPEG or RAW files with unchanged EXIF for the purpose of authentication. The details maybe disregarded if this information cannot be provided
- The names of the winner(s) shall be announced and available on the UTDB website and they shall be informed over an email as well.
- UTDB will call upon the winning participant in a ceremony to be organized (by UTDB) and they shall be felicitated.
Intellectual Property Rights:
- The Submitted details must be original, created and/or taken by the contestant. It must not contain any material owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license for and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property and rights of any person or entity.
- UTDB respects the participant’s copyrights and copyrights shall remain vested with the creator of the image. Upon making the submission, you grant UTDB, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right which gives the authority to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works distribute, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote the contest, image, the photographer or for editorial or educative use.
- The participant(s) could be credited when the image is used anywhere on the web (Though the rights would still rest with UTDB, so it may not be necessary everywhere).
- You hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless , UTDB and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers and representatives from all liability, claims, judgments, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related in any way to the contest or the conduct of the contest and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded, whether in law or in equity, no matter what the cause or nature of the same. You further waive any claims that you may state or assert against UTDB in association with the contest or any of its associated activities, or in any way related to or resulting from the contest even if such injuries or claims results from or are caused by the negligence or gross negligence of UTDB, in whole or in part, due to human error or otherwise. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless, UTDB from any claim arising out of your participation in the contest including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that you or they may sustain in any way associated with your participation in the contest.
- Under no circumstance will UTDB be liable for any:
- Lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete Submissions
- Error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delays in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submitted details.
- Problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing.
- Incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Photos / videos Submissions.
- Injury or damage to any Participant or to any computer related to, resulting from or in connection with the Contest.
- If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of being conducted as anticipated, due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of UTDB, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, UTDB reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest as deemed appropriate, disqualify any Participant and/or select winners from all eligible Photos / videos / information submitted prior to the termination, cancellation, modification or suspension. UTDB reserves the right to correct any typo-graphical, printing, computer programming or operating errors at any time
Terms and Conditions:
- The contest is promoted by Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board (UTDB), having its office at Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Paryatan Bhawan, Near ONGC Helipad, Garhi Cantt., Dehradun- 248001(India)
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter and other details are available on www.uttarakhandtourism.gov.in/contests.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entries will be 6th June 2018. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted. No responsibility will be taken for entries not received for whatever reason.
- UTDB reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- UTDB is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, UTDB reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- UTDB will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- UTDB's decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The contest and these terms and conditions will be governed by Indian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Uttarakhand.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Indian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner's name will be available 28 days after closing date of the contest.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- UTDB's decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- UTDB shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions and such changes shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- UTDB also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- No travel or medical allowance will be dispersed for participating in the competition. Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board will not take responsibility if any accident takes place during the hiking.