If you are all about challenging the limits of the rapids then this festival is for you! The 7th Edition of the Ganga Kayak Festival is being organized by the Adventure Sports Society in association with Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board in Devprayag at the confluence of the two rivers, Alaknanda and Bhagirathi. This grand festival will be held from 17th to 19th February, 2019. The festival will witness a huge crowd including international athletes who can participate various categories. Get, set, ROW!
Whitewater Kayaking Events
Professional (Men and Women)
- Down River Race (sprint) – This race would start from above the confluence rapid, on the Bhagiarathi river and will sprint all the way down to the finish line making it to be a little over 300m long trail course. Each athlete would be required to complete 2 laps and will be judged on their best time to complete.
- Giant Slalom This race would also start from above the confluence rapid. There will be several downstream & upstream gates on both sides of the river. To finish the race, the athlete must touch the event banner at the finish line and each athlete would only get 1 lap. Every second would count.
- Boater Cross – The top 32 athletes from the Sprint and Giant slalom events (combined results) will qualify for the pro’s Boater Cross category. There will be heats of 4 kayakers. To finish the race, the racers will charge down to touch the event banner with it being on the right side. The top 2 from each heat will move onto the next round and so on. The top 4 athletes will qualify for the Super Final round and battle for the Boater Cross title
Open to all
Mass boater Cross
Professionals Category (Men and Women)
- The applicant must be of 18 years (minimum) or older.
- Athlete must be a solid class 4/4 + kayaker and a competent white water swimmer.
- The Kayak should not be more than 3 meters long.
- There will be a 90 second penalty for missing gates/obstacles (during Slalom).
- There would be a 5 Second penalty for touching the gates while passing (during Slalom).
Games for Spectators – Moderate Kayaking, river board display and introduction sessions, throw bag contest, free GKF t-shirts raffles, movie nights, Ganga arti and much more