Uttarakhand. The heavenly state of Incredible India!
Nestled in the lap of the Himalayas, Uttarakhand is one of the most beautiful northern states of India that enthralls everyone with its spectacularly scenic landscapes. Charming hill stations juxtaposed against snow-capped peaks, quaint villages along winding mountain roads, serpentine rivers carving their way through hills, waterfalls hurtling down slopes, and serene lakes shimmering amidst beautiful towns- that’s Uttarakhand for you. Numerous sprawling parks speak of Uttarakhand’s continuous efforts to conserve its natural ecosystem; it’s rich culture and religious heritage ensures that it remains on top of everyone’s travel plan. It has been a favored choice for travelers from around the world, who visit this mighty land e very year to attain salvation for a life transforming experience. Here you can easily satiate all your adventurous desires; be it flying like a bird, cruising through the strenuous rapids of the Ganges, trekking to some of the fascinating peaks, skiing through some of the picturesque slopes enchanting destinations, enjoy the longest cable-car ride in India and much more. In short, Uttarakhand is a dream destination for all!
Uttarakhand. All Season- All Reason tourist destination.
- Diverse climate ranges from tropical at the base of mountains to permanent snow at the highest elevations
- Awe-inspiring views of the Himalayas and plentiful natural geographical wonders
- Age-old pilgrimages and legendary trail in mysterious Himalayas
- The land of Yoga and Ayurveda that allures seekers from far and wide
- Bestowed with world renowned conservation parks like ‘Jim Corbett Tiger National Park’ and ‘Asan Wetland Conservation Reserve’; World heritage sites like ‘Valley of Flowers’ and ‘Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve’
- A land dotted with luxury spas, wellness centres and high-end
- Most sought after destination for adventure tourists
India and Uttarakhand. On the ascending curve of growth.
Known for its rich history and diverse culture, India is a mystic land which has enchanted the travelers from all around the world, since ages. India boasts itself as the seventh largest tourism economy in the world with total contribution of USD 208.9 billion, which accounted for 9.6% of GDP * and is expected to reach USD 418.9 billion by 2022^. Uttarakhand is one of the fastest economically growing states in India. The state has a population of around 10 millions and it boasts of footfall of more than 30 million tourists per annum. Tourism sector has registered an impressive growth with a Compound Annual Growth Rate (C AGR) of 5.03% in tourist arrivals between # 2006 and 2016 . The past growth trend indicates that Uttarakhand is expected to witness a strong CAGR of around 7% in the next decade ~. The service sector has contributed for more than half of total GSDP of the state in the past 10 years and the tourism sector has played a significant role in this.
Uttarakhand is close to Delhi, the capital of India and a buzzing business centre of the country. It also has excellent connectivity with the national and international tourist markets through Air, Rail and Road.
Abundant Natural Resources
With more than 60% forest cover, Uttarakhand is blessed with abundant natural resources that support tourism. Dense forests, glaciers, rivers, sun-shine and snow-clad mountain peaks attract all kind of travelers and serious investors alike.
The state has well-developed social, tourism and industrial infrastructure for seamless initiation and hassle-free operation of a business set-up.
Adequate technical and non-technical human resource
If you are looking for human resources concerning hospitality industry, Uttarakhand is undoubtedly the right place. High literacy rate and respect for hard labor provides for large skilled and semi-skilled human resources.
Policy: Fiscal & Non-Fiscal incentives
The state offers a wide range of benefits in terms of tax exemptions, interest subsidies, financial assistance and concessions to promote new business.
Stable policy environment
The state has a stable policy environment and successive governments have shown commitment towards creating a progressive business ecosystem for the state.
Uttarakhand. Where investment gravitates.
- Land pooling and leasing policy to facilitate land aggregation
- ‘Liberal land use change policy’ and ‘Concessional rate land purchase policy’ for tourism
- Concessional electricity consumption rates
- Capital and Interest subsidy
- Policies that provide for upto 40% of Viability Gap Fund for creation of ropeways
Uttarakhand. Where investment gravitates.
- Safe and secure place to do business
- Extremely good performing state in ‘Ease of Doing’
- Single Window Clearance System with timely approvals.
- Availability of huge land bank and ready shelf of projects
- Low cost of setting up business as compared to other states